Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Medical cleared!

Well, I got a call today from the Peace Corps informing me that I am
finally medically cleared with no restrictions!! It felt great to know
I finally provided all the info needed to move on to the placement
stage of the process. From what I understand, over the next few weeks,
the placement office will review my (& other applicants) files to
determine who will be selected for placement and receive an
invitation. So at this point, I have done all I can, and am waiting to
either receive an invitation packet (stating my country and departure
date), or a phone call telling me I did not get this invitation, and
then probably get pushed back another 6 months or so. Obviously, I
hope to receive a packet within the next month so I can start
preparing for wherever I may go! Time will tell!


Phillip Rich

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Yipee! Congrats Phil! One more (HUGE) hurdle you are over! I will be keeping my fingers crossed for you. If you make it to the Fort any time soon, you better give me a call so we can go have a drink to celebrate!

Anonymous said...

I just got cleared on Oct. 29. Waiting is so HARD!!! Good luck :)