Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Going to Malawi!!!

So, a FedEx driver just dropped off my invitation packet.......and I'M GOING TO MALAWI!! I'm so excited to start doing research, and getting to know a little more about where I'll be spending the next two years of my life! I had it narrowed down to four countries that were possibilities for me (using peacecorpswiki.org), but was secretly hoping that I might get Malawi. So glad I did, and I'm really excited to meet the other volunteers that will be in my group. I'll be headed out on Feb. 24th, so until then, I will be packing, reading as much as possible, and saying goodbyes.
YEEAAHHHH!!
Peace,
Phillip

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats!! That's fantastic! In the process of waiting myself; it's always exciting to of an invite.

Karin said...

Congratulations!

So in case you are interested, I know of two other people who are going to Malawi with you. They are at
http://katystravelingmercies.blogspot.com/
and
http://justinelilypeacecorps.blogspot.com

Jesse said...

Congrats! I hear it's a great place. I got my invite recently for South Africa in January, and I'm psyched to start my PC adventure.

Anonymous said...

Random question. Did you have to sign for your invite? Mine was sent yesterday, and I'm wondering if I will have to be home to accept it, or if they'll just drop it off.