Wednesday, December 9, 2009

I'M IN!!!

So, after yesterday's disappointment, Peace Corps called me back and
told me they had an open Business position (my degree is business)
leaving in late February, going to Africa. They gave me 24 hrs to
think it over, and after talking to friends, family, and a couple of
former PC volunteers, I decided to accept! I called them back,
accepted, and was informed that I will definitely get the position!
Long story short,...going to Africa!! I'll update when I find out
what country!
Peace,
Phillip Rich

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow, that's an amazing turnaround! congrats!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe they got back to you so fast. Congratulations!!! That is so awesome!

Jenna said...

CONGRATS! I told you they sometimes have fast turn arounds!! It totally depends how busy they are and the amount of applicants and your qualifications--and who knows what else, haha. But I'm glad they got to you so quick! And for February (not June!) haha, that's great!

Justine Lily said...

Congrats!!!! Did they tell you that it had an environmental focus? If so I bet you are coming to Malawi with me February 24!! I have only found one other person so far, so if you find out you are coming to Malawi you should check out our facebook page...http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/group.php?gid=342203030653&ref=mf

Jesse said...

Hey.. I just got an invite as well! Congrats.. Africa is an amazing place, so you'll have quite a challenge but great moments as well. It looks like I will be headed to Africa in Jan. I'm awaiting the packet in the mail, but i'm thinking I'll be in South Africa at this point, given the timing and the sector I will be in.