Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Hope for the best, but expect the worst


Today is six weeks before the leave date of the position I was nominated for, and Peace Corps called me to tell me that I did not get the spot. Would have been nice to know sooner, but it holds true to the phrase I coined while in the Army...Hope for the best, but expect the worst.  PC is going to call me soon to get me nominated for another position, but I probably won't leave until June now. So disappointed...

Phillip Rich

3 comments:

Jenna said...

Hey, I know that its hard to keep your hopes up when stuff like this happens, especially in the PC. I know a lot of people who missed their dates last year didn't leave until June or July, but they decided later after their invite they were happier and loved their new program. On another hand, last year I missed my August nomination, and within a couple weeks, was invited for a September departure. So sometimes it is a quicker turn around than you think!

GL!

Anonymous said...

Oh my god, that sucks!!! I am sure you will get an invite next time, though. Do not despair :) Maybe it'll be for March (that's what I was nominated for).

Richwhenpoor said...

Thanks for the support! It was a quick turn around!